Finance and Admin Officer
|The Finance and Admin Officer will play a key role in coordinating the financial administration of projects according to donor and Amref Health Africa regulations and minimum standards. The job holder expected to plan, organize, coordinate and monitors the activities of Finance, administration and including logistics and vehicle operation, supplies and procurement, security and office management, finance and personnel, warehouse and commodity management; ensures proper implementation of the organization’s policies and procedures including Finance, Admin and HR P & P manuals; ensures the availability of required cash for all operations; follows up the preparation of regular reports to the project management, program sector heads, government and others as needed. The officer will be the contact person in the area of Finance, Admin and HR functions of the regional office.
|Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
|1. Financial Accounting, Financial Management and program Support:
· To follow up proper tracking of all project’s expenditure against budget, analyze recurrent costs and expenditure trends, and the financial position.
· Helping the Project Manager in preparing and revising budgets, checking whether the financial reports have been prepared for the donor, coordinating to provide regular financial updates as and when requested.
· Engaged in that books of accounts are maintained, check, receipts and other financial documents are kept properly and that they are safeguarded against misuse;
· Coordinating and proper job segregation of Finance team staffs
· Ensures that all payments are supported by adequate documents such as requisition, quotations, invoices and receipts, goods receiving note, memos and other important documents as per the Amref Finance Policy and Procedures and make sure that all documents are uploaded on ERP
· Ensure all payments, procurements and contracts are managed and effected timely as per the organization policy, donor requirements and compliance standards through ERP
· Check whether the correct deduction of income taxes from staff monthly salaries and paid to the Inland Revenue Authority on a monthly basis
· Prepares monthly Cash Journal Sheet, vouchers and financial statements and send it to the Country Office (CO) Finance unit monthly
· Support Regional Manager, Program managers, Technical Advisors, and Program Officers by ensuring accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, as well as help with ensuring compliance and consistency with established policies and procedures.
· Ensure that project activities do not get delayed due to shortage of funds or exchange losses are not incurred due to lack of proper planning.
· Follow up on timely settlement of different kinds of advances, utility and communication bills.
· Provide regular trainings to the Program team on finance and administration policies and procedures including orientations for new staff
· Ensure and maintain proper asset management (including Asset Register and ensure compliance with donor regulations)
· Coordinates the activities of administration
· Ensures that both administration and financial policies are maintained;
· Approves payment and other requests, and ensures that resources are utilized properly and for the intended purpose;
· Ensures that office and property of the organization are safe guarded, and the security of the organization is maintained;
· Checks that the staff of the organization are on their duty;
· Ensures that the various activities of the field office are carried out as planned;
· Prepares different periodic reports
|· BA Degree in Accounting or related fields
|· 4 years of relevant experience in NGO sector
|Skills / Competencies:
How to Apply
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.