The Branch Manager I is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, lending, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Buusaa Gonofaa (BG)’s objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business; provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves individual and branch goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day to day operations to the credit Officers or other branch personnel. Responsible for attaining established BG social and business performance management goals through active participation in product portfolio management. He/she participates in community affairs to increase the Institution’s visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
Job title: Branch Manager I
Job Responsibility #1: Planning and Implementation
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls branch operations and other support activities;
- Takes all measures to achieve year end objectives as specified in the annual operational plan;
- Creates environment and team spirit for accomplishment of the operational and financial as well as social performance objectives of the Institution;
- Monitors the quality and service indicators, if any, at regular basis and ensures their improvement to meet the business objectives;
- Coordinates and assists the field staff in all aspects of their requirements;
- Ensures that the Institution’s policies, procedures and systems are properly and consistently implemented;
- Assists field staff in all phases of loan disbursement and collection cycles;
- Ensures that the Institution’s client protection principles are implemented;
- Establishes and maintains strong networks with other MFIs in the area and public offices;
- Maintains the requisite information systems in the branch to monitor the performance of the branch;
- Responsible for the overall performance and activities of the Branch, and participates in making decisions;
- Oversees all accounts related operations in the Branch;
- Explores new business development opportunities for the Institution;
- Maintains coordination between the Branch and the Head Office;
- Ensures that clients are served as established standards;
- Maintains strong relationships with public offices and other stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #2: Staff Management
- Manages and supervises, leads, guides and supports the staff of the Branch Office;
- Coaches, trains and assists the field staff in all aspects of their activities;
- Assesses the training needs of field staff in collaboration with the Head, HR Development & Management Section;
- Handles all types of staff grievances and conflicts at his/her capacity and asks assistance from Head Office in case of difficulties;
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals of staff reporting to him/her;
- Maintains sound employee administration of the Branch Office for better output with major emphasis to motivation, training and improving performance.
Job Responsibility #3: Coordination, Learning and Reporting
- Coordinates and collaborates with all concerned government and non-government organs regarding the Branch Office;
- Establishes and maintains formal and informal communication mechanisms with government, community partners, donors and other stakeholders;
- Participates in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned;
- Ensures that reports are prepared and submitted to the concerned on time and in a professional manner;
- Prepares periodic progress reports of the Branch Office and gives feedbacks on the performances of Branch Office as required by the Regional Manager.
Job Responsibility #4: Other
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
Report to: Regional Coordinator
Job category: Operation
Number of post: 1
Duty station: Oromia region
Job grade: VIII
Salary: Company Scale
Date of post: January 12,2024
Application Deadline: January 27, 2024
Educational Qualification and Experience:
Level of education:
- Diploma /BA Degree in Accounting or related field
- 6/3 years relevant experience as Branch Manager.
Skill and Competence required:
- Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment to successfully implement the Institution’s strategic plan;
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Good conceptual understanding of participatory approach and sustainable development;
- Basic computer skills and good written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements are invited to send or submit in person a hand written application with non-returnable CV and photocopy of relevant academic documents to the following address:
Office Address: Beklobet infront of commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Temenja Yaj Branch behind Total Fuel station, Bete sayida Building 4th Floor Human Resource Management Office.
Mail Address: Zinasht@bgmfi.com
Tel: 011 416 26 21 and