Under the supervision of the Sr Administrative & Finance Associate, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of driving protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, a high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact, and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Key Function and Accountability
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items. Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with basic visa and customs formalities and arrangements when required.
- Ensures vehicle is always kept in good running condition through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, checking of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy, or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (French, Spanish, Arabic, or Russian) or the local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their applications and a copy of non returnable CV with the necessary documents to the following link below